Saturday, November 7, 2009

A WEEKEND OF NIGHTS!!



Well I'm working nights all weekend so that means garage WOD's Saturday and Sunday. Which is fine because I missed one earlier in the week and one Friday that I can do at home. Friday I stayed home and tended to my wife who was pretty ill but Thursday I did go in and do the WOD. The workout was a technical skills day and was the following:
A1)OHS (overhead squats) 5X5 (5sets of 5reps)
A2)Toes to bar 5X1131 (1 sec to top 1sec hold 3 sec down 1 sec at the bottom)

So we did 1 set of OHS and rested 30sec and did one set of the toes to bar, we did 5 sets of that. That was the first half of the workout. After 2 minutes of rest from the first half the second half was:
B1) 60 Push-ups for time (1:22)Started having trouble about 45
B2) 60 Hanging back extensions for time (1:37)
B3) 60 Modified GHD situps for time(3:10) fell off the ball
B4) Pull-up hang (palms facing away from body), forehead to bar for time (:52)

GHD sit-ups (pictured left)are very tough and so are the Toes to bar(T2B), great for core development. Since it was a skill development day I went light on the OHS (115#) so I could get a good feel for them.

To start November off our head coach Chad Brandt started a new 3 and 1 program. We will now be doing 2 crossfit workouts separated by a strength development day. I'm a huge fan of our Coach's programming, it has worked wonders for me. I'm pretty excited about having one dedicated strength development day since that is what I really need. That's about all I have for now, like I said I will be doing a few garage WOD's this weekend so I'll keep you posted. (No pun intended)
Until next time Sean'O out.

2 comments:

  1. Hope Brandie is feeling better; just got my H1N1 shot yesterday, and I'm feeling pretty crappy today, so I more than likely DIDN'T have it back in June.

    I like the new blog template----clean!

    ReplyDelete