Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The "CAGED ANIMAL"



Ok so this is day 3 of my "rest period" and as the picture and title describe, I'm feeling like a caged animal right now. Or another way to describe it is a crackhead without his crackpipe. I'm "Jonesing" for a WOD especially after seeing a "HangPowerclean" lift day disapear before my eyes. Even though I worked today I really would've liked to hit this one, yesterday's looked enticing too. Yeah I know it's crazy to think I wouldn't enjoy a few days off from crossfit but I don't. I'm addicted, it makes me feel so bad but yet so good after. To see familiar faces and go to battle!! (How dramatic) Lift days are the ones I really need. Being a runner pre-crossfit made me pretty weak, got the cardio of a horse but little strength.

Last night my wife and I (That's not us in the picture) had about a 30-45 minute session of stretching and rolling, I don't have a stiff muscle left. Feel great today, maybe I'll go back for a WOD tomorrow after work that way I can get 3 in before the weekend, I'm working nights this weekend so I'm screwed for Saturday and Sunday WODS.

I wish I could describe what a positive spin crossfit has put on my life. It is a lifestyle, I've changed the way I eat, the way I think, the people at my gym are family we all want to see each other succeed and progress to our goals. I'm in the best shape of my life at age 37, I'm stronger, faster and better than I've ever been and there is still LOTS of room to improve. For my friends that read my blog and are not part of crossfit I strongly urge you to try it. It'll definetly be a part of my kids life someday, whether it be at home or at the gym they will be doing WOD's. Too many sick people in the world today with too many EXCUSES!! Read the article in the "Crossfit Journal" about the female firefighter, tell me that's not a success story, no Excuses there. Anyways that's enough for now. To WOD tomorrow or not???
Until next time SEAN'O out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment