Saturday, October 24, 2009

First day "Blogging"

Today is my first day "Blogging". Just getting the hang of using this cool "Tool".
Yesterday we did a WOD called "Danny" named after a former Police officer that was killed in the line of duty. We call these "HERO" WOD's. It consisted of 30 box jumps at 24", 20-115# pushpresses and 30 pull-ups. As many rounds as possible (AMRAP) in 20minutes. I managed to get exactly 3 rounds. It was definetly a mental and physical test, the last 20 seconds were the most trying as I wanted to squeeze the last few pull-ups in for a complete 3 rounds. I was out of air, and physically thrashed but managed to squeek the last few out with 3 seconds to go. When I was finished I spent some good quality time getting aquainted with the nice new floor in our awesome new gym!

Today I am working until 18:30 and then heading to my buddies place to watch the UFC fights and down some "NORCAL Margaritas" (Tequila, Soda Water, Lime wedge) so I will not be doing a WOD today. Tomorrow after work I may do one in my garage.

Meals for today:

Breakfast (05:30)
2eggs,1/2 cup eggwhites, bacon bits, 1/2oz of cheese in an omelette with 1/3 cup of steel cut oats with a tablespoon of almond butter (if you've never had almond butter you've never lived!!!), a glass of milk (1 cup) and 1 Omega-3 fish oil softgel (available at costco).

2nd Breakfast (09:30-10:00)
Protein shake consisting protein powder (35g protein), 1 cup milk, 1.5 cups of the frozen mangoes (available at costco), one omega-3 fish oil softgel.

1st Snack (13:30-14:00)
3oz of barbequed chicken breast, 1 kiwi fruit, 1 cup of grapes, handful of pecans

Dinner (17:30-18:00)
6oz smoked salmon in a house salad, 1 kiwi fruit, 2 cups organic green beans, 1 apple and 1 Omega-3 fish oil softgel

1 comment: