Sunday, January 3, 2010

A New Year is Upon Us!!


2010 is here and it is time to re-evaluate and re-establish new goals for a new year. After an exceptional year of training, dieting and performance it is going to be extremely hard to top 2009. I believe that the most significant gains are going to come if I concentrate on strength gain this year. My buddy Mike has summed up goals on his latest post to a tee so I won't bother.


I'll get us caught up once again starting with:

December 21, 2009

Gut Check

8 Rounds:
300m Row
AMRAP pushups
2 min rest

This WOD was a killer. I'm not a strong/efficient rower by any means so this one was tough, I felt like quitting after round 5. My row times (setting 5 on concept 2 rower) followed by push-ups were:
55.9s/38
58.9s/29
63s/17
66.5s/17
65s/17
67.8s/17
67.9s/17
64.3s/18

December 22, 2009

It's a Thinker

For Time:
30 225# Deadlifts
30 Handstand Pushups
6:46
The kicker to this one is you can fraction in any number you want but how ever many deadlifts you do in a row you have to do that many Handstand pushups without fail. Example if you start a set with 5 deadlifts you must do 5 handstand pushups. If you do 5 deadlifts and only manage 4 handstand pushups you must start over on that set of deadlifts and not count the previous 5 deadlifts or 4 handstand pushups. I chose to do it in 2's as my handstand pushups are the weak link here. Coach Brandt wanted us to do "Good" reps in this WOD, concentrating on form.


December 29, 2009

"Bugaboo" Wod or SMA awareness WOD

200 Thrusters for time (Required) (75#)
AMRAP thrusters in 10 minutes
AMRAP thrusters in 15 minutes

Our gym decided to take part in this WOD to support the cause of SMA. Coach Gillespie was the first to tackle it and decided to put a few "scaled" versions as to not render the clients immobile. I chose to do the AMRAP 10 minutes and it is a good thing because I really didn't know how to attack this one. I managed 97 reps in 10 minutes. If I were to do the full 200 I would have probably done it in 5's with a small break in between. As it was I started with 20 then a few sets of 10 then down to 5's and at the end 3's. I got to about 70 and was just gassed. I think this WOD needs to be done at a steady controlled pace. This one affected me for days after, my legs were very sore, could also be because of my recent inactivity as well.


So over the next couple days I'm going to come up with some goals and expectations for the new year. I think this poster sums up what "Crossfit" is all about. It challenges you physically and mentally making you stronger every WOD. For the new people don't let Crossfit be like a "new years resolution" and fade after a month or so, give it a chance trust me on this!!






So in my mind you have two options, you can be






Or you can test your





And become stronger physically and mentally!!

Until next time Sean'O out!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment