Friday, December 4, 2009

Looking Like A Winter Wonderland





OK again very patchy posting. You have to be patient with me, between work, teaching at the college, crossfit, domestic duties and visiting a family member in the hospital in Calgary every set of days off is keeping me hopping.

Today the weather turned very nasty here in Alberta. My wife and I made a trip to Calgary which is 2 hours north of here (Lethbridge) to visit a family member in the hospital. To make it short it took me 4 hours to make it home and I made it to work just in time. So I'm a bit tired and working so not so happy!!

I'll backtrack to update the last WODs I've participated in.

November 27th

Last day for the monthly challenge, in which I entered the double under contest.



If you recall I had 84 at the beginning of the month and ended up with 112. I came in after a nighshift with no sleep because we were also heading to Whitefish for the weekend. I called my number before I started and met it. I hit like the first 55 or so in a row and then lost my composure. Struggled with the last half. Also this day was a 1RM PushJerk.


(In this picture the girl is holding the weight in the first frame out in front of her chest, you are supposed to have it sitting on your shoulders like a front squat. Imagine trying to hold 200# out in front of you like that!!! The dude even set her up, that's what is more disturbing!!)

I wasn't going to participate in it but how can you help but work it in?? So I did the pushjerk and worked my way up to a 1RM of 195# which I was happy with. I had 200# above my head but couldn't lock out, not sure what happened. Called her a day and went to Whitefish!!




Well this wasn't me in Whitefish but I drank enough "NorCal Margaritas" and "Jagerbombs" to give me a headache the next day. The Crossfit in Kalispell was closed for thanksgiving weekend so I didn't get a chance to check it out.


So at Crossfit Lethbridge we did something really cool!! We all (members) got to submit a WOD for the month of December. Then Coach Brandt took them and distributed them amongst the days in December and made a calendar out of everyones WOD. You should check it out on the Crossfit Lethbridge Site. We are also doing the "BUGABOO" WOD on December 29th, the link at the top of my Blog page explains the whole situation, I'll let you check it out.



Onto December 2nd

3RM DEADLIFT

Wasn't sure what I was going to pull tonight. Felt so-so going in but started pulling some weight and with some coaching from Coach Gillespie (Cory) I ended up pulling a PR of 335# X 3. I was very impressed my last PR was 295# I think it was due to the technique although I was told I had the old "Turtle back" going on, which is not good but who cares once you get the weight up it's all over!!

December 3rd

"Spin the Bottle"



How this works is every member that shows up for the WOD, spins the bottle and whatever it lands on that is one of the exercises we do. Keep in mind the more people that show up the more exercises we do. Then Coach marks them on the board and then puts the number of reps of each exercise up. Every classes is different but this is how ours played out!!




40 Push-ups
30 Pull-ups
20 Kettle bell swings
10 Pull-ups
40 walking lunges
30 Power lunges
20 Handstand push-ups
20 Burpees
30 Handstand push-ups
40 Presses (45#)


I did it in 18:something, I had to modify the last set of Handstand pushups because my shoulders were just cooked. I did however do 20 legit handstand push-ups which is very good for me!! The last 4 exercises were the worst!!


Here is a big Thank You to our friends Mike and Tammy for making us some great healthy food that my wife and I indulged in the other night. It was




















Well that gets you up to date for now, I'm working nights this weekend so I'll try and get a few WOD's done in the garage.

Until Next time Sean'O out!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm pretty sure I didn't make *THAT* for you, Sean'O. Greedy bastard that I am, I woulda kept it ALL for myself. :)

    I must have missed hearing about putting 195# overhead! Shit man, nice work. That's some heavy weight for a skinny dude, I should know!

    ReplyDelete